January 1, 2009

About Me

I first moved to Oahu as a newlywed. My husband and I both kept busy with our jobs but made time to relax on our favorite beaches, eat at our favorite restaurants and visit our favorite outer islands. We loved living here! When his job moved us away from Hawaii we began planning and scheming for our return and four years later we were back!

We moved back to Oahu as parents. We discovered that eating at our favorite restaurants was not quite as relaxing as it had once been and heading to the beach required a lot more gear and took a lot more energy than when it was just the two of us. This was not the island life we had once lived.

But we decided 'different' didn't have to mean 'worse' and so we set out to rediscover the island as a family. It didn't take us long to find fun things to fill our days and get settled into a routine.

There's a fine line between a routine and a rut though and so I decided to be intentional about doing new and different things with my children (ages 5 and 2) each week. I started this blog as a way to document that I was/am achieving that goal. If my blog encourages you to try new adventures with your family, whether you live on Oahu or somewhere else, then that's an added bonus!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...