I have mixed feelings about Toys 'R Us. On the one hand, a great place to see lots of selection and variety at once but on the other hand, total sensory overload!! And that is for me, can't imagine what it must be like for kids! Although as I kid I remember I loved that store, but now I leave feeling overwhelmed and a bit dizzy. Oh, and tired. I think subconsciously I feel like I am fighting advertising, consumerism, materialism and other 'isms the whole time I am in the store, with the fear that if I let my guard down my home will be overwhelmed with stuff and I'll spend all my days picking up toys. Oh the drama!
When we didn't find exactly what we were looking for at Toys 'R Us we headed over to Target. The prices seemed much better there to me, so do some price comparison before you purchase. As for me, I didn't find the perfect tricycle so the birthday shopping isn't over. Makes me tired just thinking about it!
Do it Yourself:
For directions and other info to Toys 'R Us on Oahu, click here.
Leave your comment
Post a Comment