July 31, 2009

Rut Buster Blog


I think Oahu is a wonderful place to raise children and I feel blessed to be raising ours here. The spirit of aloha and the feeling of ohana (family) in the community are alive and well. I mean it's not utopia or anything, but overall people are warm and friendly and pleasant to be around. Life is also simpler here. Well, in some ways anyway. Speed limits are slower, things are close together and easy to access (it is an island afterall) there's not as much emphasis on materialistic things as in some places I've lived, and we don't have to own gear for multiple seasons. But just like life anywhere it can get busy and I get overwhelmed by my 'to do' list, wrapped up in my errands and chores and stuck in my rut.

So I'm starting this blog in the hopes that it will help me get out of my rut and away from my chores more often. There is lots to see and lots to explore on the 597 square miles of my island home and I'm hoping that having a few people waiting to read about our adventures will motivate me to get out there with my kids and do some adventuring on a more regular basis. And hey, if it encourages you to do the same then that's an added bonus!

2 Comments:

Joni said...

Lisa,
You are crazy! Can't believe you started another blog! But I will enjoy reading it too!
love ya,
Jo

~marci~ said...

OK...You have encouraged me...but I might wait until its cooler here to start a blog about this place I live:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...