I had a birthday this week and now I'm old enough to be President! (But no thanks, I have NO interest in that job.) To start the day off in a celebratory way my husband flexed his work day so we could all go to breakfast at Cinnamon's.
I'd heard of Cinnamon's, walked past Cinnamon's, had people use Cinnamon's as a reference point when giving directions, but never eaten there and was excited to get the chance to do that. We chose to eat out in their courtyard. If you do the same, be warned of the birds. They're quick! Even if you think you're guarding your food they can swoop in and steal part of your meal faster than fast. Here's a picture of the sparrow that helped himself to our boy's pancakes.
From the looks of the umbrellas you are also in danger of being hit by bird droppings when you eat outside, but we were spared that experience.
They didn't have a children's menu but our boy made a valiant effort at eating his adult-size order of cinnamon-apple pancakes and our girl ate the buttermilk pancakes that came with the frittata my husband got. French toast on Portuguese sweet bread was what I ordered. Yum! Oh, and a warm cinnamon roll made a delicious appetizer that we all shared. It was called a "Cinnamon's Roll" which I first thought was a typo but I finally got their little pun. Must be getting a little slow in my "old" age. :)
Do it yourself on Oahu:
• Here's a map to Cinnamon's.
• Check Cinnamon's webpage for their menu and hours of operation.
• Take change for the parking meters and park along Uluniu Street or in the public lot that can be accessed from either Aulike St. or Maluniu Ave.
• They don't have children's menus or entertainment (crayons, etc.) but they do have a lot of high chairs.
• If you go on the weekend or on a holiday, either go early or make reservations. We actually thought about going there on Memorial Day but at 9:30 AM the wait to be seated was an hour.


2 Comments:
Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!
I really liked the article, and the very cool blog
Post a Comment