January 26, 2010

Waikele Outlets

It was time to get some new pants for my boy. For girls it's okay when their pants get too short. I guess there is an in between length that is a little awkward where it looks like they're outgrowing them, but wait a couple months and if they still fit at the waist they can be added back into the wardrobe as capris. For boys that trick just doesn't work. So I took the kids to Waikele for a little shopping this week.

I don't think either of them considered it a fun adventure, but my boy now has PJs that fit and long pants to replace the ones that were turning into capris. My girl didn't need anything but I did buy hair bows to go with all the awesome hand-me-down clothes that are overflowing from her dresser.

I used to be able to do marathon shopping at outlet malls but now with two kids tagging along two or three stores is about the limit. This time I went to Carter's and OshKosh. The mall also has Children's Place, Gymboree and Tommy Hilfiger Kids outlet stores. Maybe I'll get to those next time I go. And one of these days I may even leave the kids home and buy some clothes for me!


Do it yourself on Oahu
Location:  94-790 Lumiaina Street, Waipahu, Hawaii  96797
Directions:  Take the H1 west heading towards Kapolei.  After the H1-H2 merge, take the Waikele/Waipahu exit (exit 7).  At the end of the off-ramp take a right onto Paiwa Street.  At the signal, take a right onto Lumiaina Street.  At the first signal on Lumiaina Street take a left into the outlets.
Hours:  Regular stores hours are Mondays-Saturdays from 9am to 9pm and Sundays from 10am to 6pm. Check their webpage for extended holiday hours.  They are closed on Christmas.
Parking:  Free parking located both in front of the mall and behind the mall.
Facilities:  Drinking fountains and bathrooms located in two locations at opposite corners of the mall.  One is in the back section of the mall next to Saks Fifth Ave. Off 5th and the other is in one of the front sections near the Converse store.
Other:  Not much to eat within walking distance, so I take snacks for the kids when I go. Also, if you take some coins you can use the coin-operated ride-on toys as a bribe, er... I mean reward. :)
More info:  Check out the homepage for Waikele Premium Outlets to get a complete list of stores.

Happy shopping!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Well … all I can say is, wow. This is an impressive collection of resources, thank you for taking the time to put everything together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...