August 13, 2010

Brunch at Duke's in Waikiki

Looking for something to do this weekend?  How about brunch?  My favorite spot for brunch is Duke's in Waikiki.  We went there earlier this summer with my parents when they were visiting.  It's usually on their list of things to do when they are on Oahu.

When it comes to restaurants, I'm all about the ambiance.  I love eating outside, weather permitting, and thankfully here in Hawaii the weather almost always permits outdoor dining.  Duke's is an open-aired restaurant right along Waikiki beach with a great view.  The water is too pretty to put into words and it's fun to watch the surfers, the outriggers and the catamarans come and go.  This picture gives you a tiny glimpse but really doesn't do it justice.


The breakfast buffet includes different types of breads and muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, dry cereal and hot items like eggs, potatoes and breakfast sausages.  There's also a made-to-order omelet station.


If you're looking for cream filled puff pastries or layered jello then this isn't the brunch for you, but if you want a good meal, stunning view and affordable price I bet you'll really like Duke's.  For $14.95 ($7.95 for children 11 and under) it's a great deal!  


Do it yourself on Oahu:

Hours:  They're open all day I believe and their brunch is served everyday, not just on weekends, but they change to a lunch menu at 10 or 10:30.  
Location:  Duke's is located in the Outrigger Waikiki hotel at 2335 Kalakaua Ave.
Parking:  Duke's validates parking at Ohana East.  To get there, go down Kalakaua Avenue.  After you pass the International Marketplace on your left and the Outrigger Waikiki on your right, take a left on Kaiulani Ave., another left on Kuhio Ave. and a left into the first parking garage you come to.

Disclaimer:  I know this post sounds like a commercial, but I have no affiliation with Duke's and didn't strike a deal with them to put them on my blog, honest!  I just like brunch there so much that I had to share!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

We were there this past Saturday for brunch and I agree, this place is great!! The views are amazing, and the food is great too. I highly recommend the omelet station to anone else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...