The Pineapple Express is a cute train at Dole Plantation that takes you on a 20-minute tour complete with narration and music. Big kids and adults can learn about the history of pineapple in Hawaii and everyone can enjoy the train ride and the sights along the way which include pineapple fields, harvesting equipment and a variety of tropical plants.
My daughter and I went to Dole Plantation last week with our off-island visitors and took a ride on the Pineapple Express. I think it was the first time she'd been on the train there and she was excited. Most of the time she wanted to sit on the bench next to her friends but she sat in my lap part of the time too and definitely seemed to enjoy the ride.
She and I didn't get a chance to get any Dole Whip because after the train ride it was time to go pick up my son at school. So much for pretending we were on vacation like our friends, but it was a fun morning adventure.
Do it yourself on Oahu
Location: Dole Plantation is located at 64-1550 Kamehameha Hwy, Wahiawa, 96786
Directions: Take the H-2 north. From here there are a couple ways you can go. I think the most straight forward is to take the Wahiawa Exit and drive north through town. A few miles past Wahiawa you'll see the Dole Plantation on your right.
Hours: 9:30am to 5:00pm
Cost: $8 for adults, $6 for children 4-12 yrs, $7.25 for Kama'aina & Military, free for childen 3 yrs and younger
Tips: Check Dole's website for printable coupons for the train ride (and other Dole attractions). They also have them in their brochures and various visitor magazines. Most coupons say "off of a regular priced admission" so I don't think the coupons and kama'aina rates can be combined.


6 Comments:
What a great tour. In central america we had the united fruit company, but no really cool tours are to be had on this topic!
My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!
Thanks for an idea, you sparked at thought from a angle I hadn’t given thoguht to yet. Now lets see if I can do something with it.
What a great resource!
The Dole plantation is a WONDERFUL place to drop by...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roycifer/5302581834/?reg=1&src=comment
Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for a related topic, your site came up, it looks good.
Post a Comment