For more pictures from around the world, visit Photo Friday at Delicious Baby.
7 Comments:
LB
said...
What beautiful pictures on your blog! I found your blog as I was searching for information on moving to Oahu. Hubby and I are considering volunteering to take the assignment there, since no one else in his office wants to go there for 3 years. Island fever is a big concern for us as we live in a metro area. But it looks like there is PLENTY to do there, so you don't feel so closed in.
LB - I know some people get island fever but we never have. I grew up on an island smaller than this one and we get to the Mainland a couple times a year so those things probably help. But there is a lot to do here and I don't think you'll get bored. Just be prepared for a bit of culture shock. Things are a little different here than on the Mainland but if you're open to new experiences and a change in the pace of life you'll probably enjoy your time here.
Oh we will definitely take a survey trip first before moving. We enjoy a laid-back lifestyle when we can have it. I may contact you once we know for sure for some tips (local customs, areas to live/not live, etc). But until then, I'll just enjoy your blog and the beautiful photos. Keep up the good work. :-)
LB - I'd be happy to do my best to answer any questions you may have in the future. Wishing you the best as you make your decision. And thanks for reading!
That is a stunning spot. I have some very similar pictures of the same view from our trip to Hawaii back in 2003...that trip is kind of a blur to me because our son was just a few months old, we were in the midst of moving to Japan (with a pitstop in Hawaii), and I was very sleep deprived, but I do remember that view. Now that I am well past that stage of life, we must start making plans to make another trip to beautiful Hawaii!
7 Comments:
What beautiful pictures on your blog! I found your blog as I was searching for information on moving to Oahu. Hubby and I are considering volunteering to take the assignment there, since no one else in his office wants to go there for 3 years. Island fever is a big concern for us as we live in a metro area. But it looks like there is PLENTY to do there, so you don't feel so closed in.
LB - I know some people get island fever but we never have. I grew up on an island smaller than this one and we get to the Mainland a couple times a year so those things probably help. But there is a lot to do here and I don't think you'll get bored. Just be prepared for a bit of culture shock. Things are a little different here than on the Mainland but if you're open to new experiences and a change in the pace of life you'll probably enjoy your time here.
Oh we will definitely take a survey trip first before moving. We enjoy a laid-back lifestyle when we can have it. I may contact you once we know for sure for some tips (local customs, areas to live/not live, etc). But until then, I'll just enjoy your blog and the beautiful photos. Keep up the good work. :-)
LB - I'd be happy to do my best to answer any questions you may have in the future. Wishing you the best as you make your decision. And thanks for reading!
That is a stunning spot. I have some very similar pictures of the same view from our trip to Hawaii back in 2003...that trip is kind of a blur to me because our son was just a few months old, we were in the midst of moving to Japan (with a pitstop in Hawaii), and I was very sleep deprived, but I do remember that view. Now that I am well past that stage of life, we must start making plans to make another trip to beautiful Hawaii!
how incredibly beautiful this is!
Keep posting stuff like this i really like it
Post a Comment