May 29, 2011

Scenic Sunday: Driving on the H3

Scenic Sunday...because I never get over the beauty of these islands.

H3 heading towards Kaneohe

As commutes go, this one is hard to complain about.  I actually love driving on the H-3.  The scenery is beautiful, the waterfalls on rainy days are breathtaking and the view of Kaneohe Bay when you come out of the tunnels never gets old.  I've been driving this five or six times a week this year.  Our schedule/routine is about to change and I'll be glad for less time in my car but I'll miss my time on the H-3.  

Have you ever accidentally gotten on the H-3?  There's no turning around for a good 10 to 15 minutes, so you're set back 20-30 minutes getting to your destination.  How do I know this?  I've taken it by mistake twice - once in each direction.  Anyone else made this mistake?  Please tell me I'm not the only one!

2 Comments:

Kim said...

Oh, yes, we made that mistake once! Driving into the tunnel heading away from Kaneohe is my very favorite view on the island. I LOVE those mountains and just can't get enough of them.

Tracy - A Maui Mommy said...

I still haven't been able to drive on the H3 yet... Everyone I talk to says I HAVE to take the drive. I'll be going to Oahu in June so I hope to make the drive then.

Funny that there are no turn around points... you would think that they would have thought about that before they constructed it. haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...