My kids have finally gotten to a stage where taking them somewhere by myself to grab a bite is actually fun for me. I don't have to get a high chair for my daughter, both kids are reasonably good about staying with me or staying at a table while we order and get our food and the sudden need for a bathroom isn't as much of an emergency as it once was.
I recently took advantage of this new stage and stopped at the Teddy's Bigger Burgers in Kailua with the kids. Their menu includes salads, several variations on their 'original burgers' and several other sandwiches including options like veggie burgers and fish sandwiches. They have kid combo options, traditional sides like fries and onion rings and delicious shakes. Lots of choices and I guarantee you won't leave hungry!
We kept it simple and got burgers and french fries. Then at the end of the meal, as a reward for good behavior I got each of my kids a gumball out of the giant gumball machine. I think that's actually their favorite part of Teddy's Burgers. But even if you need more than a gumball to make you happy, I bet you'll find something at Teddy's that will become your favorite. Plus you'll be supporting a locally owned business and I don't know about you, but that always makes me happy.
Do it yourself on Oahu
Location: On Oahu, Teddy's Bigger Burgers has locations in Hawaii Kai, Kailua, Waikiki, Honolulu, and Aiea. You can also find a Teddy's Bigger Burgers on Maui, in Tokyo and one in Washington. Check out their webpage (see below) for addresses and phone numbers.
Hours: 10am to 9pm daily (with the exception of the Waikiki location which is open until 10pm Fri-Sun.
Facilities: As with many fast food places on Oahu, bathrooms in house are not a guarantee. I'm pretty sure at the Kailua location the nearest bathroom is down a few doors in Starbucks. Don't know about the other locations.
For more information: Check out Teddy's Bigger Burgers Webpage for specific locations, menu, etc.


4 Comments:
They just opened a Teddy's in Lahaina, Maui. I'm so excited! :-)
TracePoo
TracePoo, Awesome! Have you eaten there yet?
I went to Teddy's a couple of times...I don't eat burgers but they have really good chicken sandwiches!
We really LIKE Teddy's Bigger Burger.
Post a Comment