Until I traveled with my first child I never knew how quickly I could consume the drink given to me by a flight attendant. But I quickly realized the high risk of having my entire drink end up in my lap with a squirmy child next to me, or especially on my lap, and the easiest way to avoid this seemed to be to guzzle the drink in one breath. On our last flight I did this so quickly that before I knew it the flight attendant had given me a refill before moving on to the next row and I had to do my speed drinking trick a second time.
With kids our hand carry bags are filled with books, toys and lots of snacks. Oh, and of course the compact DVD player too! My favorite travel toys were both given to us as gifts and we've since covered a lot of happy miles with them. I highly recommend them both! Here's more info if you're interested:
Matchbox Pop Up Adventure Set. We have the fire station but there's also a barn, harbor, auto center, construction site and a few others. Ours is one of the compact ones that folds in half. The deluxe ones tri-fold and look like they might be a little big for taking on the plane.
Aquadoodle Travel N Doodle. Works great for lots of ages - both my kids enjoy it.
What are your favorite tricks or tips for traveling with kids? We travel several times a year and I'd love to borrow/steal your ideas!
2 Comments:
Elijah and Jonah both have a Nintendo DS. That gives them hours of entertainment. They started with a leapster which has more educational games.
Erin
Always get club soda on an airplane. Then if it spills, it is the thing people use to get out stains anyway.
Post a Comment