August 14, 2009

Riding the Rail

Anticipating another wet day left behind by Hurricane Felicia, I planned a rainy day activity with the kids today. Pearlridge Mall is divided into two separate sections and there's a monorail that runs between them. In the past I've always just walked between the two buildings to get some exercise and save some pennies, but I thought the kids would enjoy the ride and it would be cheap entertainment out of the rain.

Wouldn't you know it, today was sunny and beautiful! I guess I should have known better than to put any faith in the weather forecast (as mentioned previously). Anyway, I decided to stick with the same plan and we did our rainy day outing on a sunny day. Here's just how sunny and beautiful it was today:
For being such a simple adventure the kids really liked it and had fun. We rode the monorail from the 'Downtown' part of the mall to 'Uptown' where we did a little shopping, ate pretzels and then rode it back to 'Downtown.'
Oh, and it was/is an even cheaper adventure than I thought - 50 cents each way and kids under 5 are free!

2 Comments:

Maureen said...

I've ridden that monorail! Glad you guys had fun. :)

Merrilyn said...

That looks like fun! I wish we had something like that close for hurricane season outings...Disney World is the closest one, and I am NOT paying that kind of money for a ride, lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...