
The wind was strong and very gusty. It was definitely more windy than it's been on any of my previous stops there. It blew our hair in every direction and pushed us along when we walked with our backs toward it. My boy loved it but my girl, not so much. She insisted I carry her the whole time which was probably a good thing. I would have hated to have a sudden gust knock her over!
It was very hard to capture in pictures, but these were my attempts. I even had my boy hold a tree branch to try and show the wind but you can see it didn't work as well as I'd hoped. But really, these pictures aren't half bad considering I was carrying my girl, the wind was blowing my camera around a lot and my boy never stays in one spot for very long. A movie clip would have been better for showing just how windy it was but I didn't think of that until later. I'll remember that for next time.
Do it yourself:
• You really can't miss the Pali Lookout, it's off of the Pali Hwy and is well marked in both directions.
• Something new is that they now charge for parking, but only for tourists. How they know who's from where and whose car is whose and all of that I really don't know. Friends who were there a few weeks ago said a parking attendant was checking IDs. But when I was there the parking attendant wouldn't have been recognizable unless you were looking for her as she leaned up against her car next to the automated payment kiosk and when I asked about kama'aina payment she just said, "No need" but didn't ask for ID or where I was parked or anything else. Confused? Me too!
• Oh, and the view from the Pali is gorgeous/awesome/amazing, but we were having too much fun in the wind to really notice.


Leave your comment
Post a Comment