January 26, 2011

H-3 Scenic Lookout

It has been SO BEAUTIFUL lately!  The weather has been pretty close to perfect, the skies have been clear, everything is green -- what's not to love?

On one particularly gorgeous day last week I kept getting distracted from my chores and projects by the amazing weather and clear skies outside.  I would have loved to head to the bay and jump in a kayak but my responsibilities for the day wouldn't allow for that.  So instead, I grabbed my camera as I headed out the door to pick my son up from school and stopped by a scenic lookout on the way.  I tried to capture a bit of the beauty and here's my best shot:


My favorite time of year here is probably winter.  For those planning a vacation to Hawaii, November through February can be a touch-and-go time to visit because the chance of lots of rainy days is much higher than at other times of the year.  But for those of us who live here, the days between the rainy ones are some of the most beautiful of the whole year.  My kids get to hear me say, "Oh, look how BEAUTIFUL it is!  Look at the mountains!  Look at the water!" quite often this time of year.  The neat thing is, instead of saying, "Oh Mommy, enough already" they get excited about it too.  They tell me "Come here, you HAVE TO look at the sky.  It's SO beautiful!"  I hope they continue to see beauty everywhere throughout their lives.

Do it yourself on Oahu


Location:  The scenic lookout I stopped at is off of the H-3.  It's a great place to get a panoramic view of Kaneohe Bay and the Ko'olau Mountains.  
Directions:  There's a lookout on each side of the freeway.  On the town-bound side it's located between the Kaneohe Bay Drive on-ramp/exit and the Kamehameha Hwy. on-ramp/exit.  If you're heading towards the Marine Corp Base the view point is located between the Kailua off-ramp and the Kaneohe Bay Drive on-ramp/exit.

Leave your comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...