March 18, 2011

March 11 Tsunami in Hawaii - Video Links

Compared to Japan, last week's tsunami was a non-event here in Hawaii.  There was no loss of life and I haven't heard of any injuries either.  However, there was some damage on several of the islands and a few houses and businesses were destroyed and/or damaged.  Here's a list of links about the tsunami in Hawaii.  All but the last one link to videos.  Keep in mind that the largest surges happened before the sun came up, so the ones captured on video were not the biggest.

Tsunami wave hitting Kona

Tsunami surge in canal in Kailua

Tsunami surge in Keauhou Bay

News report on Damage in Kona

Video of Damage in Kona

Damaged boat harbor on Oahu

Estimates of the monetary value of the damage in Hawaii

1 Comment:

Sandra said...

Hi a few days I send an email but do not know if you have arrived. You said he had come across your blog and I loved it and I like to get in touch with you as I would like to know Oahu. I am a girl from Galicia (Spain), I'm 18 years old and I think in the summer of 2012 I will be a short week to Honolulu to study English and explore the island. Hopefully my parents leave me in the end, because the trip is a bit expensive. Well, I hope to hear from you, my e-mail is: Sandra_Fernandez.A @ hotmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...