March 11, 2011

Tsunami Warning - March 2011

Well it was a short night for us as I know it was for many people here in Hawaii.  We aren't in an evacuation zone, but I couldn't pull myself away from the news for the longest time and when I did the sirens woke me back up at 2:30am.  I stayed awake to see what the news would be around 3 when the waves were expected to arrive, then went back to sleep around 4 after watching the water surges online for awhile.  Of course the kids slept just fine so now they are full of energy and I am exhausted.  Such is life.

When I woke up this morning I was glad to hear that there have been no reports of injuries here in Hawaii and it sounds like damage was minimal.  Wish the same was true for Japan.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

UPDATE:  Click here to view my list of links showing the tsunami surge and some of the resulting damage here in Hawaii.  

2 Comments:

Janet Rose said...

Just dropping by at random...so glad to hear that damage was minimal in Hawaii! I do feel for those in Japan as well...they do need our prayers!

Heather said...

I happened to be on the north shore with my hubby vacationing. It sure was a dramatic time but I am grateful there was no loss of human life in Hawaii. I am still praying for all those who are suffering from the effects of the tsunami. Thanks for posting your experience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...