Scenic Sunday...because I never get over the beauty of these islands.
We've spent a lot of time around the ocean this weekend. Thanks to visiting family who pulled us away from our chores and routines we got to spend time at the beach on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
As I looked at the ocean and the waves along the shoreline I couldn't help but think about how this beautiful body of water has the potential to change so quickly and unexpectedly. The video images coming out of Japan make that abundantly clear. I have always had great respect for the ocean and its power and now when I look at it I am aware that the ocean could turn on us at any time. I don't love it any less because of that. In fact, I think that realization helps me appreciate its calm and beautiful days that much more.
Please continue to pray for those affected by last week's tsunami and earthquake.

3 Comments:
crazy right? i've been thinking of the ocean a lot too...and how much trust we give it...
Very thought-provoking and true.
thanks for your thoughtful reflections on the ocean, and your fine photo. looking at it, I am struck by how seacoasts are both individual and connected.
Post a Comment