Okay, let's start with a picture. Anyone know what this picture shows?

Did you guess an ant-proofed cake? If so, * ding * ding * ding, we have a winner! Ants are so pervasive here in Hawai'i that no matter how clean you keep your kitchen the pesky critters will come from miles around the minute you leave a tasty treat within their reach. So here is my boy's birthday cake, safely stored overnight on two glasses set in bowls filled with water. With this handy trick, things in my kitchen are safe from the ants, at least until they figure out how to build themselves a raft or parachute in.
And just because I'm so proud of how it turned out, here is a picture of the finished cake on party day. I didn't use a cake mold - just found a couple pictures of cakes and ships online and went from there. I thought it turned out great, especially considering it's only the fourth cake I've ever decorated.

1 Comment:
WOW! Not even a mold? Great job! I'm super impressed!
Post a Comment