December 14, 2010

Tree Lighting at Castle Medical Center


Last night as I drove up to the E.R.* at Castle Hospital it looked like the picture above (minus all the people) and I was reminded that I never posted about their tree lighting celebration.  They usually hold it on the first Wednesday of December and this year that was December 1.  

The event was more crowded than I remember it being in years past.  They ran out of hot chocolate and navigating the crowds with our kids was a little tricky but we didn't lose either one of them and we all had fun.  The kids got Christmas tattoos and gingerbread cookies, we got little flashlights and we all munched on popcorn.  For the Marine Corps Band's concert we stood behind them and watched their percussion section which was a neat perspective.  We were quite a ways back when the Honolulu Boys' Choir performed but enjoyed their music.  As is our tradition, we skipped the trolley ride and pictures with Santa because we didn't want to wait in line, but we got to see Santa arrive in a horse-drawn carriage and our daughter was really excited about that.  All in all, a fun time and a great way to kick off the Christmas season.

* And why was I at Castle's E.R. last night?  Well, our son was disobeying house rules and climbing on the furniture.  He fell off and got a cut on the back of his head, big enough for a trip to the E.R.  My husband was home alone with the kids and managed the whole thing beautifully.  My only role was to meet up with them at the E.R. when I finished my errands and bring our daughter home.  My husband waited with our son while they cleaned up his wound and put two staples in the back of his head.  He's always been an active kid and I'm actually surprised he made it to 5.5 years old before needing to be taken to the E.R.  Except for the extra hardware he's as good as new and even went to school today.  And a shout-out to Castle -- not only do they put on a great Christmas tree lighting program but the turn-around time in their E.R. was great.  My boy was in and out in about an hour and a half.

3 Comments:

FootPrints said...

ok first off - glad your son is ok!! it's always nice to have a FAST and FRIENDLY ER visit!

Second...have you heard when/if the baptist church is going to be doing a live nativity again? i can't find it anywhere. i think it's call faith baptist.

THANK YOU for all your work!

Oahu Mom said...

@FootPrints - the live nativity at Faith Baptist is this Saturday night, Dec. 18. They will have two programs - one at 6 and one at 7:30. I have it on my Christmas Events page towards the bottom of the list and there's a link there to the church website for more info.

FootPrints said...

I knew you would know! your so good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...