(If you are looking for information on the monorail train that runs year round between Uptown and Downtown at Pearlridge Mall, see my Monorail Train Ride post. To learn about the Christmastime train inside the mall, keep reading below.)
How are your holidays going? I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and are enjoying the last few days of 2010 before New Years.
If you are looking for something fun to do with your children, the Pearlridge Express is still operating this week and weekend. My daughter and I first saw the train when we were running errands at the mall in early December. She really wanted to ride on it but it didn't fit in our schedule that day. I promised her we would go back and she remembered that and told lots of people she was going to get to ride "the little train."
I kept my promise and took both of my kids to ride the train at the beginning of Christmas vacation. After we listened to instructions from the train conductor we headed into the train area. I buckled them in and took a couple pictures and they were ready to go. I don't know exactly how many times they went around the track but the ride seemed to last quite awhile. In reality it was only about 5 minutes long but it seemed longer. The area is decorated with oversized gifts and toys and is really cute. My daughter really liked a giant bear they had up and she waved at it every time the train passed it. My son was older than most of the kids on the train but he enjoyed it too. They definitely got $3 worth of fun out of the ride.
Do it yourself on Oahu
Location: Pearlridge Mall, Uptown Center Court
Cost: $3 per ride (books of tickets available at a discount)
About: Train is for children 48 inches and shorter. When you purchase your tickets they'll let you know what time your train will depart and what seats your children will be in. There weren't very many people there when we went and we went directly from the ticket counter to the boarding area.
For more info: 488-0981


2 Comments:
We've taken my youngest every week and finally used up the last coupon in the discount booklet.
He loved the Pearlridge Express =)
I was lucky to find your www.oahumom.com site. Aw, this is a really qualitative post. In theory I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real effort to make a good article... but what can I say... I procrastinate alot and never seem to get something done.
Post a Comment