February 8, 2011

Lanikai Juice in Kailua


Our family enjoys heading to Lanikai Juice for smoothies.  It's also a fun place to take visitors because it's not a national chain, but a place unique to Hawaii.  The smoothies are delicious and many are made with fresh fruit grown right here in Hawaii.  They have smoothies you drink with a straw and smoothies you eat with a spoon and I can say from personal experience that both are worth ordering.

My favorite thing about Lanikai Juice isn't just the taste of their smoothies.  I really like that they are a locally owned company and that they do their best to use local ingredients in their products.  According to their webpage, 73% of the fruit they use is grown locally.  I love supporting local farmers and local businesses - especially tasty ones!

This post is part of the Carnival of Aloha over at Homespun Honolulu.


Do it yourself on Oahu
Location:  In the Kailua Square Shopping Center at 600 Kailua Road, Kailua, Hawaii, 96734
2nd Location:  There is also a Lanikai Juice in Kahala.  I haven't been there but the address is: 4346 Waialae Ave, Honolulu, Hawaii 96816
Directions:  Coming into Kailua from the Kalanianaole Hwy. (which turns into Kailua Road) turn right at the intersection of Kailua Road and Oneawa Street.  You'll still be on Kailua Road because it makes a right here too.  A bit confusing, I know.  Go past Whole Foods (currently under construction) and Cold Stone Creamery, both on you right.  Lanikai Juice will be on your left and the entrance to the parking lot is just past the store.  If you pass it and get to the signal, take a left into the far end of the parking lot and work your way back toward Lanikai Juice.
Parking:  There is a parking lot here.  Sometimes it takes a little while to find a spot but I've always found one.
Hours for the Kailua location:  Weekdays 6am to 8pm; Weekends 7am to 7pm
Other:  There are a few tables outside of Lanikai Juice.  If these are full, there are other tables and benches in the shopping complex that may not be.
On the web:  Lanikai Juice Hawaii

3 Comments:

FootPrints said...

i LOVE their Acai bowls! with EXTRA honey

Jeneé said...

I recognize those hands and shirts :) Those are some good smoothies.

CLEAN FREAK said...

We have been there 3 times already! i love them!!! the acai smoothies are my favorite :) my husband loves their new choco loco bowl. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...