February 13, 2011

Scenic Sunday: Lego Man Cake

Scenic Sunday...a little different than usual because this weekend we ate cake.


Sometimes I wonder why I started the tradition of making and decorating a cake for my kids' birthdays.  A tradition of ordering and picking up a cake would be so much easier!  But all in all I do enjoy the chance to be a bit creative and in the end I'm happy with my tradition.  Our son just turned six and this was the cake I made to for his LEGO themed party today.

7 Comments:

Angie Osborne said...

Great work! And I am just as crazy with planning the parties. So much time spent. But it's worth it for all the smiles and hugs we get in return :)

JeneƩ said...

What a fun cake! Great job on making it..

valthecraftygal said...

I think this is SO SO Wonderful! My son would LOVE it!!!! Unique too!good job-great memories for him!

Oahu Mom said...

Thanks everybody for the compliments!

ihilani said...

wow! that is AMAZING. I'm all for baking cakes...rectangular ones with frosting and sprinkles slapped on it. You go girl!

Oahu Mom said...

@ihilani - loved your comment! :)

Hawaii Mom Blog said...

That's awesome!

Wish I had talent to make a cake like that (or just any cake...LOL!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...