There are a number of events happening this weekend that were planned with children in mind. Whether you want to attend a family dance party or learn about monk seals, there is an event for you! Lots of other fun things happening too including the Spam Jam in Waikiki and of course the big May Day/Lei Day celebration happening at Kapiolani Park. Check out the Weekend Events Page for all the details.
There will also be numerous May Day programs happening at schools throughout the island this weekend and throughout the month. We went to a high school May day program last year which we really enjoyed. If your children are not in school, ask around and I'm sure you'll find a program happening near you. If not, send me an email and I'll send you info on the ones I know about.
Have a great weekend with your family!
3 Comments:
My son's not old enough to be involved with May Day at schools yet... but that must be a fun day for parents around Hawaii! A chance to get to see your child dance and perform in front of a large audience... I'd be so nervous and proud at the same time, hehe.
Have a great weekend!
Hahaha, how could we forget about the good old Spam Jam? When I tell my friends on the mainland that we have a festival sponsored by SPAM, they all think the ocean air is starting to get to me... But it's actually quite good!
@TracePoo - You'll be one of the proud parents sitting on the front row before you know it!
@Aloha Tony - Did you make it to the Spam Jam?
Post a Comment